IR Contact Directory
Names and contact information for current Institutional Representatives, click 2017-04-06 – 2016-17 IR Roster2.
Role of the Institutional Representative
As an affiliate of the American Council of Education (ACE) Women’s Network, the Michigan (MI) ACE Women’s Network is committed to identifying, developing, encouraging, advancing, linking and supporting women in higher education. Each participating public, private, 2-year and 4-year college or university in the state appoints one or two Institutional Representative(s) (IRs) who are responsible for these basic duties:
Serve as the institution’s official representative to the MI-ACE Women’s Network. At minimum:
- Participate in one IR event
- Attend the Annual State Conference
- Submit the IR Annual Report
Additional duties include:
- Enlist the support of other women at your institution by assessing needs and facilitating institutional professional development programming that represents the mission of the MI-ACE Women’s Network.
- Establish and/or collaborate with other campus programs/activities focusing on women.
- Educate women at your institution about the Network’s mission and major initiatives (e.g. Annual Conference, Young Women Strong Leaders, Women of Color Collaborative, public policy agenda).
- Serve as the communication conduit to women at your institution by disseminating appropriate information in the monthly IR News Update and quarterly MI-ACE Women’s Network Newsletter as well as professional development, professional advancement; grant/research funding; call for papers/proposals from MI-ACE, its members institutions or national ACE.
- Encourage attendance by women at your institution in the Annual Statewide Conference, Young Women Strong Leaders Conferences, Women of Color Collaborative and other programs sponsored by the Michigan ACE Women’s Network.
- Keep your institution’s president (or administrator designated by president) informed of the Michigan ACE Women’s Network strategic goals and activities. You are important in the feedback loop to the president.
Overall, responsibilities of the Institutional Representative may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Join one of the Michigan ACE Women’s Network Executive Board Committees.
- Serve as a mentor to aspiring women leaders.
Click here for a word document of the above criteria.