2018-19 MI-ACE Micro-Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the Institutional Representatives and their college for receiving 2018-19 IR Micro-Grant Awards.
• Jackson College – Mentoring Lunch Series; IRs: Kate Thirolf and Jolene Chapman.
• Henry Ford College – Eight Mistakes Women Make Workshop with Author/Presenter Dawn Jamison; IRs: Shai James Boyd and Susan Shunkwiler
• Aquinas College –Faculty-Staff Book Group for Dr. Arlie Hochschild, Strangers in Their Own Land visit; IRs: Heather Kesselring-Quakenbush and Erin Peraino.
• Kellogg Community College – March “Kick-Off” Event for Women’s History Month.
MI-ACE Women’s Network Executive Board Announces Institutional Representative Micro-Grant Program
Application Deadline: These dates have passed, watch this page for new information.
The MI-ACE Women’s Network has long valued the role of the IRs in promoting the mission of the Network at their institutions. Among the key responsibilities of the IR role include:
· Enlist the support of other women at your institution by assessing needs and facilitating institutional professional development programming that represents the mission of the MI-ACE Women’s Network.
· Establish and/or collaborate with other campus programs/activities focusing on women.
· Educate women at your institution about the Network’s mission and major initiatives.
The Network also realizes that time and financial resources are major challenges for IRs to fulfill their roles. Acknowledging the financial challenge, the MI-ACE Executive Board approved a $2,000 micro-grant fund in FY 2016-2017 to encourage IRs to hold campus-based programs/activities/events that support the mission of MI-ACE and their role as IRs. Approved micro-grant awards will range from $250-$500.
For an application, click 2018-19 – Application MI-ACE IR Micro-Grant Program
For guidelines about the grant program, click 2018-19 Updated Guideline- IR Micro-grant program-Final