The Outstanding Institutional Representative Award was established in 2016; it recognizes and honors the IR or co-IRs for developing, encouraging, advancing, linking, and supporting women on their campus.
Co-IRs from Eastern Michigan University:
• Colleen Croxall, director of School of Health Sciences, below in center
• Chiara Hensley, assistant vice president for Academic and Student Affairs, second from right
They expanded the breadth of relationships within the campus network, initiating a mentor project and other activities reflecting the mission, values, goals of MI-ACE.
Co-IRs from Henry Ford College:
• Lisa Copprue, vice president for Student Affairs (pictured below, second from right)
• Amy Ducher, special project coordinator, Academic Affairs and adjunct biology faculty member (at center in photo below)
They organized a Lunch and Learn event; participated in Equal Pay Day; created a listserve to update campus women about MI-ACE events; and met with the college president.
Co-IRs from Ferris State University:
• Gayle S. Lopez, chair of the Management Department, College of Business, and appointed co-IR this past year.
• Leah Monger, assistant dean for collections and access services, Ferris Library for Instruction, Technology and Education; an IR for three years and member of the MI-ACE IR Standing Committee.
They were recipients of a 2015-16 IR Micro-Grant that helped fund a three-part series of workshops at Ferris.