It is my sincere pleasure to welcome you to the Michigan American Council on Education (ACE) Women’s Network. We work in concert with the ACE Office of Inclusive Excellence Group (formerly OWHE) nationally to identify, develop, encourage, advance, link and support (IDEALS) women in higher education.
Our Network, which was established in 1978, was recognized nationally in 2005 by the ACE Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE). I take great pride in serving as your State Coordinator as we continue to enhance and also embark upon new initiatives that will strengthen the programs we provide.
Several goals identified to enhance our Network are listed below:
- Increase the number of Presidential Sponsors supporting the IDEALS of women.
- Increase the number of Michigan higher education institution memberships.
- Establish and institute our Aspiring Senior Level Job Shadow Program.
- Establish fundraising and advancement opportunities to support the Network.
We will serve as leaders as we forge ahead with our Public Policy Agenda. We have identified the following as critical initiatives:
1. Changing Demographics- Access and Opportunity in Higher Education
2. Funding for Programs and Issues that Impact Women and Girls
3. Cost and Funding Issues in Higher Education (involving both private & public resources)
4. Education about and Involvement in Public Policy Issues
5. Promotion/ Pay Equity/Support Issues
As your State Coordinator, I have the opportunity to work with a magnificent group of women who serve on the Executive Board, and with Institutional Representatives who provide specific programs to meet the needs of the Network’s member institutions. Working together, we are extremely committed to meeting the diverse and inclusive needs of all of our members, which include administrative, faculty and staff members from public and private, two-year and four-year institutions.
I look forward to meeting you and, once again, thank you for allowing me to serve you as your State Coordinator. It is indeed an honor.
Sincerely, Lynette Findley MI-ACE Women’s Network Coordinator